Tuesday, September 30, 2008

A summer of grueling, hard-fought competition ....

Well, the long summer season finally ended this weekend. We worked pretty hard, competed without respite all summer long. I didn't think I could handle the long haul, but somehow I managed to last until the end. And, I'd made a pretty big comeback towards the end, but got beaten pretty badly one of the last few weeks, and it was too much to overcome. In the end, Ren proved to be the better man, and convincingly so.

I think we all deserve congratulations for how we persevered. I'm really going to miss Fantasy Golf.



I'm "Desire is the golf game killer" (and a truer word was never said).

3 comments:

whall said...

Hmm, I don't know... 'Zark' is pretty true if you stop and think about it.

oudeis said...

I'm thinking definition 3 here

Ren said...

Not "uptight white guy"?

I've used "zark" in various fashions since my D&D days, circa 1982.