Saturday, September 27, 2008

Remote downlevel document

I'd never been able to get printing working when my HP OfficeJet 4215 was samba shared to my Linux boxes. The print jobs would always show up as "Remote Downlevel Document" then the spooler would basically hang, and I could no longer print unless I deleted the job and rebooted the Windows box. The printer would work fine if it was connected directly to the Linux box (although we'd lose some of the functionality).

Was looking on the internet again today to see if anyone figured this out yet. I'd seen a lot of other people had this same problem, and never found a satisfactory solution. Finally, I hit paydirt: someone finally figured it out! Worked for me too. Nice.

Also, watched the Longhorns game recorded, and it was a pretty dominating victory. It would have been a great day if I'd hit better at the range.

No comments: