Monday, September 22, 2008

Helping out ....

So my wife often complains that I don't help out around the house enough. One of the reasons this has happened is that my wife is very intense about everything being done a very specific way (her way), so that you pretty much stay out of her way, if possible. I've often warned her that if I started to do more around the house, I was fairly confident that she was not going to be happy with the fact that I was helping, but would likely be upset with me for not doing it exactly as she would have done it.

But, anyway, I can't not help based on this suspicion, can I? That's a total cop out. I've got got to keep the faith and assume everything will be fine. So, lately I've started to try and do more to help out. Tonight, I did the laundry while she watched TV (was a bachelor for a long time and have done my share of laundry). I won't go into details, however, let's just say it did not go well. Laundry got done, but there was no happiness.

2 comments:

whall said...

Maybe if you gave it your [All], the [tide] will turn. [Cheer] up, dude!

oudeis said...

Thanks, dude. I've already forgotten about it. But if I get a little [Downy] next time, I'll try to re[Gain] my positive attitude, which I'm sure will bring a new [Era].