Sunday, September 21, 2008

Ryder Cup and seed-spitting ...

Had planned to record the Ryder Cup and watch later (although I didn't really have a good chunk of time available to actually watch the recording). But I blew off mowing the yard this afternoon (was still semi-wet) and watched the Ryder Cup (partly catching up the recording and partly live). So many putts were made it was quite remarkable! The ending was a little anti-climactic considering how well everyone played. I think the Euros wore down a little bit; the crowd was great for the US and it takes a lot of energy to fight that again and again.

After the Ryder Cup ended we went over to the house of a friend from church and had a potluck dinner. Food was very good, company was great, and we finished the night outside on their stone deck having a watermelon seed-spitting contest. The temperature was perfect, the sky was purple and dark blue and it was so quiet out. All in all, an awesome day.

2 comments:

whall said...

I thought the Ryder cup was for billiards, so I was very interested in your post from the get-go, and then you said "putts" but I thought that was some british way of saying "pots" and then I realized it was the Mosconi Cup I was thinking of.

oudeis said...

Sorry to disappoint. :-) I added a link to www.rydercup.com to the original post so this confusion won't happen again.

Too bad you missed the real thing, though. It was hot!