Saturday, September 13, 2008

Mythtv ...

Forgot to post this awhile ago: I've had Mythtv working for awhile with the free regular cable jack that I got from Time Warner (for spending so much money with them, I guess). However, I kept having problems getting my frontends on remote boxes to work. Turns out I misunderstood the sql for enabling remote boxes to connect to mysql that they had in the mythtv docs:

grant all on mythconverg.* to "mythtv"@"" identified by "mythtv";

The docs don't mention (where I could see), that the "identified" clause is setting the password. I thought it meant something else, and so I kept setting the wrong password. :-) Now it's all good. Pretty soon I'll have a hard drive full of old Star Trek episodes, which still remain, in my mind, some of the finest over the top science fiction drama of all time (unlike the new Star Treks which are generally devoid of drama and replete with agendas).

No comments: