Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Ouch, my knee hurts ...

I aggravated my knee awhile ago packing for a move, and it's starting to get a little better, but it still aches and it is still swollen.

I'm missing golf outings while I'm hurt, which sucks, although I've got so much to do for the move, that in some ways it's a good thing.

We've got a few more weeks left to pack, and we really want to avoid waiting until the last minute.

Red Sox won 5 - 0 today in the home opener. Sweet. Watched the Kansas-Memphis game last night; was pulling for Kansas as a Big 12 fan, and was blown away by that ending. Wow.

Got to call a customer recently who's had a ticket (or six or seven) open or the better part of the last six years for a corruption of a timestamp that occurs in our product in a timestamp that sits in our cache. I'd reproduced this about a year ago, and my next line of support had been trying to debug this forever. They finally figured it out and fixed it (actually was only a few lines of code) and got to call and tell the customer, who had actually given up already (the problem wasn't happening to them anymore and generally only happens in situations of extreme multi-threaded load). They were very happy. Probably one of my favorite calls I'll ever get to make.

No comments: