Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Not good ...

Went to Iron Cactus tonight by 360 and it was not very good. Used to be a nice restaurant, but it seems to have fallen a long way. It was almost empty around 8 pm on a weeknight.

A friend and his wife went to a different restaurant that is supposed to be pretty good (heard pretty good reviews of it from work colleagues); they went for their anniversary and were expecting more (it wasn't bad, but it wasn't as good as they had hoped). Someone from the restaurant saw the post (I'm guessing they have a publicity firm or the like who scours the web for blog postings like that) and actually posted on his blog asking them if they'd to try again and saying they'd like another chance to show them how good they can be. It was impressive customer service. Although I think it was also a bit offputting; there's only a few of us who read his blog, and it didn't really matter what he said in it. Suddenly, I think he felt like he had to explain/justify himself to the person who contacted him. I might be putting words in his mouth, but hopefully not.

By the way, this wasn't an attempt to get a free meal out of Iron Cactus; I don't think I want to go back.

3 comments:

Ren said...

Being the friend referenced above I'd like to add that I did not find the comments off-putting nor did I feel that I had to justify myself. The first "vendor" comment was from the owner of the company that provided the fish that my wife had, and I realized I had inadvertently listed my entree as the same, so I wanted to correct that mistake and add some information about the specific fish he referenced.

I have yet to reply (via comment or email) to the "director of culinary" from the restaurant chain, though I do plan to take him up on his offer.

The original post is at http://ren.dnsalias.com/ren/blog/2008/05/23/anniversary-dinner-at-trulucks/

oudeis said...

I was talking about someone else this happened to.

Ren said...

No, no, I am someone else!