Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Day off

Went to Fogo de Chão today for lunch. Was good as usual. Food was good and the service was good. No need to eat dinner now. Went to see the Indiana Jones movie after; it was enjoyable, but as every review I've seen has pointed out, pretty silly. Anyway, we enjoyed it.

Also looked at the new house. I think it's almost done. They put the turf down and painted the garage door. The door was locked so we couldn't get in, but could see they'd taped up the walls to indicate everything that needed to be fixed. So it looks like we won't need to do that much of that ourselves. While everyone keeps telling me that every builder will screw you over as much as they can, that has not been my experience.

Back to work tomorrow after a week and a half in classes or vacation. From what I could see, my team was getting hammered while I was out (although not because I was out). Looking forward to getting back to work. We paid $51 for a tank of gas today; first time either one of us has ever payed > $50 for gas. It's a cliche by now, but here's to working from home.

No comments: