Friday, May 25, 2007

Chicago

We got in Chicago on Thursday morning for a short vacation. Chicago is really a fantastic city. I could easily see myself living here. It's got all the great restaurants and culture of a great city, but more parks than most big cities. The shoreline is pretty amazing for a city.

We were at the Navy Pier walking around on Thursday when I could swear I saw Walter Cronkite. I think it was the most wind I've ever seen outside of a hurricane. The flags at the Navy Pier were whipping so hard, you could hear them snapping and cracking, and it was hard to believe they weren't torn to shreds.

We also went to the John Hancock building and it's observatory; amazing view. A lot like the Sears Tower that we visited today. We went to Fogo de Chão for lunch yesterday.

Today we went to Lou Mitchell's for breakfast (two eggs has never been so much food!) and then to the Sear's Tower Skyview. The sky wasn't too clear, but it was still a great view. Then we went over to the Field's Museum. It was a little more oriented to something like a historical zoo then a standard museum. We also went to Soldier Field, which was much more scenic then I would have expected.

I think we finally figured out the Subway system. The three-day passed we bought were definitely the way to do.

No comments: